Spiral Scout is a full-service software development company based in San Francisco, with remote employees all over the globe. Our custom software solutions are used by 168 of the top 200 Forbes Global companies and we have 4.9 out of 5-star ratings on Clutch.co.
As a company, we’re proud to actively support and contribute to the open-source software community. Our Spiral Framework, RoadRunner and Cycle ORM are used by millions of people each day. We are looking to build our team with curious, passionate, and intelligent problem-solvers that take ownership of their work and are great teammates to work with.
Once you are a part of our team, you’ll enjoy a well-balanced work and life routine through initiatives like our Friday policy - which provides everyone in the company with alternating paid Friday’s off. Please reach out if you feel your values and work ethic match what we are looking for and you feel excited about growing your career with us.
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer, who will grows our DevOps team as profesionals and fast and timely response to customer's infrastructure or company internal infrastructure incidents.
- Devops engineers mentoring;
- CI/CD maintenance and improvement;
- Maintenance and improvement of Production environments;
- Reducing company costs in the development and quality improvement phases by implementing automated quality control systems and assisting in the implementation of automated testing;
- Reducing company costs for the internal infrastructure and both keeping it effective, secure and reliable;
- Improvement of the monitoring system.
- Docker+docker-compose with experience in developing Dockerfiles;
- AWS: EC2, EKS, RDS/Aurora, CloudFront, ElasticSearch, and S3 with strong knowledge of Networking and IAM principles, Fargate;
- Monitoring and Alerting: Zabbix, Prometheus (at least one of it);
- GitLab CI/CD or Jenkins, Git Flow;
- Programming language skills: Bash, Python, Golang (at least one of it);
- Experience or understanding of Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Proxmox LXC / KVM HA Cluster;
- Terraform/Cloudformation (Infrastructure as a Code) experience;
- Experience in automation/configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc);
- More than 5 years of IT background.
- Ability to sort the priorities and stick to own forecasts;
- Willingness to teach and mentor, any experience in mentoring would be a plus;
- English: Upper-Intermediate;
- Excellent communication skills;
- High level of self-organization and responsibility;
- Proactive attitude to work, punctuality;
- Ability and willingness for self-education in unknown areas;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in Agile methodology would be a plus;
- Stress tolerance.
Our offer and social benefits package:
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Every other Friday is a paid day off from work;
- Additional 3 sick days off;
- 25 calendar days of vacation;
- English classes;
- We pay for job-related courses, conferences, and seminars you'd like to attend;
- Regular performance reviews and salary increases based on performance.
We also provide the following:
- Flexible work hours;
- Office or remote work options;
- Family atmosphere;
- Fun team-building events and holiday parties;
- Holiday gifts;
- Employee’s professional and personal development.